Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.globalauctioneers.co.uk.
What information do we collect from you?
When registering with us either online or in the Auction room you may provide us with:
- Personal Information to include: Name, contact telephone numbers, addresses, email addresses, date of birth and proofs of identification
- Account login details to include an email address and password
When you bid & buy through either online or in the Auction room:
- Information about your purchases (for example, what you bid/bought, when and where you bid/bought and how it was paid for)
- Information about your online browsing behaviour (including but not limited to your searches, the properties and pages and products which you looked at, the full URL clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), download errors, page response times, length of visits to any page, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse overs) and methods you use to browse away from the page).
- Information about any devices you have used to
access our websites to include, but not limited to:
- Make & model of the devices
- Operating System
- IP Address
- Browser type
- Mobile device identifiers
- Time Zone Setting
When you contact us or take part in any promotions, competitions, surveys or reviews we may collect:
- Personal Information to include: Name, contact telephone numbers, addresses, email addresses and Date of Birth
- Details on other services you may use
- Your review and feedback on how we can improve our services
- Any reason why you have contacted us and all information you provide over the phone or by email.
When you visit our auction rooms:
- Footage of you may be recorded for advertising purposes
- Footage of you may be recorded on our CCTV systems
Other sources of personal
We may use personal data from other external sources to include, specialist information companies, online media channels, retail partners and public registers. This information is used for:
- Review or improve the accuracy of the data we hold
- Measure and improve our marketing communications
How and why we use the information we collect Makes our services available to you
To provide our services, we are required to gather information to manage the accounts you have with us, process your orders and ensure we have the correct contact information through and SMS/automated call and address validation systems.
Manage and improve the services we provide
For our online services we utilise a number of in house and third party services to ensure that we are providing the best possible facilities for all our website users, ensure our systems are working optimally and receive any information on potential issues that may arise from our services. This is done through cookies and third party tracking facilities.
Detection and prevention of fraud and crime
As part of our registration process you are required to provide us with proof of identifications for your address, photograph ID, name and Date of Birth. These are required to ensure the information we receive during the registration process is accurate.
Personalisation of our services for you
- We may use the information you have provided to personalise any offers or similar purchases to assist your experience with us.
- We may also utilise this information to tailor any marketing communications to include: email, post or online advertising.
- Facilitate in contacting and interacting with us
- We may need to contact you by telephone, email and post with regards to any outstanding purchases you have with us.
- Manage or inform you of any promotions, competitions or offers you have entered into with us.
- Invite you to take part in any surveys, reviews or other market research activities carried out by ourselves or through a third party provider.
- To notify you about any important changes we will be making to the site or our services.
We may be required to contact you via telephone, email or post if any legal claims or disputes arise.
We have CCTV systems in place to ensure the safety of our auction rooms in order to prevent crime and anti-social behaviour.
Sharing and disclosure of personal data
Other than what is expressly set out within this Policy or as required or permitted by law, we will not share, sell or distribute any personal information without your consent. We will hold your information for a reasonable period or as long as required by law.
We may, from time to time employ third party providers for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment processing services, postal & 2 man delivery services, search engine facilities, data hosting services, customer management services, advertising/marketing services and sales services.
As aggregated or anonymous information does not personally identify you, we may use it for any purpose. If at any time aggregated or anonymous information is combined with any personal information, this information will then be treated as personal information according to the Policy.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or pass your details on to third party providers for marketing purposes then please let us know when we collect your data.
We may send you relevant offers and news about products and our services in a number of ways that may include, but are not limited email, social media, telephone or post, but only if you have agreed to receive these marketing communications. You can change your marketing preferences at any time either by clicking on any unsubscribe links or getting in touch via telephone or email email@example.com
International Transfer of information
While we do not have any requirement to transfer any personal information internationally, however if this does become a requirement of ours we will take steps to ensure that your personal information is transferred across securely.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practises to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
The security of your data is important to us and we have security procedures and restrictions in place to protect your data from unauthorised access, destruction or alteration.
We will always do our utmost to protect your data at our end but we also highly recommend that you carefully select a password and ensure that you keep your login details a secret.
Your access rights to your personal information
You have the right to see the personal information we hold about you. If you would like to see the information we do hold on you, simply sign into your online account
If you would like a full copy of all the personal data we hold about you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can facilitate in this request.
Other data protection rights
In relation the personal information we hold on you, you also have the right to:
- Have incorrect information corrected
- Object to our use of it
- Restrict our use of it
- Have us delete it (There are several situations when you can have us delete your personal data. This includes, but is not limited to, we no longer need to keep your personal data, you have withdrawn your consent to us using your personal data and we have no other grounds to use it or we have unlawfully processed your personal data)
- Complain to the data protection regulator. We would like the opportunity to resolve any complaints you have, however you do have the right to complain to the UK data protection regulator (the ICO) about how we have used your personal data.
- If you would like to get in touch with us for any of these options, please email us at email@example.com